Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tis the season for a ronnie, fa la la la la

The most wonderful time of the year is almost upon us again, I know what youre thinking where did the year go?

We've seen the ad's, the special offers, the stock in shops changing....but ignore all that as it has nothing to do with Movember!

I'm pretty sure most of you havn't spent the last few years living under a rock and are well aware this is a charity event, where men begin Nov 1st clean shaven and then proceed to grow a moustache for charity.

Some go for handlebars, others a black and white movie villain narrow moustache.......me I'm going for the "skanger tache" or the "giveus 10 jonny blue ronnie" (hey I know my limitations, bit of bum fluff on the top lip will be the height of it)

Why am I concerned about mens health?? And why am I donating my top lip for charity? Heres why

*1 in 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their life

*This year more than 2000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed

*1 in 3 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime

*In Ireland only 26% of men attend their GP for regular check ups

Funds raise will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others. Through the Movember Foundation and our men's health partner, Action Prostate Cancer, an initiative of the Irish Cancer Society, Movember is funding world class awareness, research, educational and support programmes which would otherwise not be possible.

Find out more at http://ie.movember.com/?home

Or visit my Mospace to donate http://mobro.co/theSmurse

Or is you're old school, send a cheque payable to "Irish Cancer Society Movember" reference my name and Registration Number 1552614 and send it to: Movember, Irish Cancer Society, 43-45 Northumerland Road, Dublin 4, Ireland

Please donate and spread the word, stay tuned for Tachetastic updates

No comments:

Post a Comment